Haddonfield Today Forum
In 1957, there were at least 15 gasoline and filling stations in Haddonfield. They are listed below, along with a few that opened and closed before 1957.
Do you know of any others? If so, please reply.
To provide detail about a particular gas or filling station (or auto dealership), please go to the relevant forum.
- Andress Service Station - 615 N. Haddon Avenue at Ardmore Avenue (currently: 7-Eleven)
- Haddonfield Save-on-Gas – 601 N. Haddon Avenue at Wayne Avenue (currently The Bread Board Plus)
- Carl’s Haddonfield Service (Sunoco) (still operating) - 515 N. Haddon Avenue at Wayne Avenue
- Warren’s Service (Mobil) - 100 N. Haddon Avenue at Euclid Avenue (currently TD Bank)
- Conte’s Atlantic - 90 Tanner Street at Euclid Avenue (currently Lenny, Vermont & Leonard Realtors)
- Strong’s Gulf - ??? N. Haddon Avenue at Clement Street (currently an office building)
- Faucett’s Garage - ??? S. Haddon Avenue (opposite the Post Office)
- Danzinger’s Servicenter - 50 Ellis Street at Walnut Street (currently Bank of America)
- Birdwood Esso (Standard Oil) - 170 Grove Street (currently Goodwill Donation Center)
- Bill’s Service Station (Atlantic) - 132 Grove Street (currently Advocare Grove Family Medical Associates)
- Shepherd’s Gulf - ??? Grove Street
- Sinclair Service (still operating as Grove Auto, a service station) - 75 Grove Street at Glover Avenue
- Fisher’s Service (Gulf) - 23 Kings Highway East (adjacent to Grace Church)
- Clement’s Esso (Standard Oil) - 9 Kings Highway West at Washington Avenue (currently Haddon Culinary)
- Stow’s Atlantic - 17 Kings Highway West at Linden Avenue (currently vacant, most recently Fulton Bank)
Stations prior to 1957 include::
- John McGirr (Sunoco) - Kings Highway East at Haddon Avenue (currently ???)
- Makin's Service (Calso) - Kings Highway East at Haddon Avenue (currently ???)
- Vincent Leitch (Sinclair) Kings Highway East at N. Haddon Avenue (currently vacant, most recently Jay West)
Forum is empty